We are recruiting self-employed subject matter experts to grow our assessor and quality assurance team to support with apprenticeship end-point assessments, for the following standards.

  • Level 2 Waste Resource Operative
  • Level 2 Metal Recycling General Operative
  • Level 2 Healthcare Cleaning Operative
  • Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment Technician
  • Level 5 Metals Recycling Technical Manager

We are looking for:

Independent end-point Assessors

You do not need experience of apprenticeship endpoint assessment, as we will provide a full induction and training programme. However, you will need to hold the relevant qualification (L3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, A1, or D32/D33) in assessment, have, maintain and be able to evidence a good understanding of the specialist subject matter, and have experience of observing practical assessments in the workplace. In addition, we expect you to be able to plan, conduct and record the assessment and outcome for apprentices in line with the end-point assessment plan.

Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs)

Again, IQAs do not need experience of apprenticeship endpoint assessment as we will provide a full induction and training programme. As an internal quality assurer we would expect you to hold the relevant qualification (Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance or V1), have experience of quality assuring (qualifications or apprenticeships), adhere to the end-point assessment plan and provide good constructive feedback to the assessors.

Location:Our priority is to have more contracted independent end-point assessors and IQAs who are either based in the midlands or north of the UK, however we are willing to consider all areas if you are able to travel within England.

Please note: this ad is for self-employed contractors, and successful candidates will not be employed by CIWM. As such you will supply your own equipment (e.g. laptop, recording device etc.), and will require Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance.

To request an application form and our rates of pay, please email